Respiratory Physiotherapy is a treatment methodology. Its aim to improve the general condition of people with dysfunctions or diseases affecting the lungs and the entire respiratory system. This is achieved through different manoeuvres and very effective techniques.
What does it consist of?
The action of Respiratory Physiotherapy consists of
- Applying specific techniques of immediate facilitation in the elimination of pulmonary secretions.
- Strengthening and control exercises for the respiratory muscles.
- Improving the lung capacityand the entry of air into the lungs.
Stimulation of the muscles of the diaphragm during a session of respiratory physiotherapy.
Who may need it?
As we had mentioned before, Respiratory Physiotherapy is indicated for those people who suffer from a respiratory pathology or dysfunction. Among them, we highlight the following:
In children and babies:
- Cystic Fibrosis.
- Neurological diseases.
- Chronic bronchitis.
- Respiratory insufficiency.
- Neurodegenerative processes (Alzheimer’s, ALS, Multiple Sclerosis, etc.)
- Pre and post-surgical Thorax and Abdomen.
- Pre and post-surgeryfor any type of surgery if the patient has a previous respiratory illness.
- Neurological injuries.
- Cancerous processes.
What are the benefits of respiratory physiotherapy?
Amongst the main benefits of respiratory physiotherapy we find that
- It helps eliminate pulmonary secretionsin all types of people.
- It improves respiratory mechanics in the event of asthmatic crises and dyspnea (feeling of shortness of breath). The situation is better controlled.
- It improves the respiratory capacity before surgery. Accelerates recovery after surgery.
- It helps toavoid bronchial aspirations in patients with neurological disorders.
- Significantly improves the daily life of patients with respiratory insufficiency.
- It considerably helps to reduce the treatment time and dosage of medication in respiratory pathological processes.
- It helps to prevent and counteract respiratory diseases.
It is important to know that the quality of life of people with a respiratory condition can be significantly improved.
Remember that respiratory physiotherapy is a complement to medical treatment, not a substitute for it.
At the Clínica Corps à l’aise in Alicante we can help you with your breathing problems, do not hesitate to contact us.
Licenciado en Kinesiología y Fisiatría.
Diplomado en Fisioterapia.
Experto en Posturología Clínica.
CORPS À L’AISE – CENTRO DE REHABILITACIÓN
C/ Pintor Lorenzo Casanova 19, Bajo. 03003 – Alicante – 966231695